Saturday, August 25, 2012

Terrible Tenant

Early retirement is so overrated, with the economic crisis no one is capable of such nowadays. For six glorious years my husband and I worked our asses off to invest on properties that later on when we retire could provide for us. Then came recession, bad decisions, QT (qualified theft) staff with case on court already, and barkada nights. I got so comfortable going out daily that I forgot to look after my shops, then the QT cashier took almost P160k portion earnings for the month, I also experienced wrong partnership investment turned nightmare after that horrible QT that is why up to now I have trust issues so whenever asked about business, my answer is not now. A lot happened in two years, thankfully we did save a little :). Currently, we make money by leasing out those properties. I am always thankful and I thought this is retirement indeed, no more waking up at 4 am and rushing to traffic, less stress just the yearly contract signing, but then I met this terrible tenant who unlike others is so frustrating. Our other tenants are almost on their 3rd year of contract no problems whatsoever but this one barely 4 months, complaints every month, had subleased my place without me knowing, haven't paid the bills for three months now and oh so rude, to think that he is a professor in some college tsk tsk. Good thing we had a signed contract, both of us already filed a report at the local Baranggay and had settled to part ways on August 27, which is in two days time thank goodness! They were supposed to leave on the 19th but got aggravated and yelled at my staff for claiming the keys, such temper! I just wish for them to move out peacefully, we will give back their deposit which is supposedly forfeited, I just want them to pay their bills first. Ooohh stress leave me alone lol anyway, so much for early retirement! 

No comments:

Post a Comment