Sunday, August 19, 2012

Colonoscopy and the Big C


One of the most scary situation that could happen to anyone is having to face the Big C, I sincerely ask God and I pray for it everyday since the accident that I stay C free for my little boy's sake and my family as well. When I was confined last week in St. Lukes Global I was diagnosed of having hemorrhoids, I had bloodied stool for a day prior to that. I was relieved at first for hemorrhoids commonly known as almoranas are not really alarming but then when they said just to make sure they have to do Colonoscopy and Endoscopy which is an examination of your colon using a fiber optic camera so they could look inside your body if you have any gastrointestinal problems, I felt a little cry came out of my throat. It scared the hell out of me when the Gastroenterologist said they have to do these procedures just to make sure we're on the safe side and that I don't have Colon Cancer. Due to mix emotions and the feeling of blocked air passage, I want to flee the hospital so I asked the Doctor if I could go home and schedule the procedure as an out patient instead. I was thinking of my son and my husband, oddly we are all sick that week, one was down with fever and the other needs to be nebulize every 4- hours. A few more days to go and like it or not I have to go under the procedure, I just hope for the best! 




No comments:

Post a Comment