Sunday, August 19, 2012

Toddler Talk

Others say it is too early for a kid of less than 3 years old to go to school but not me and some of the moms I know. My kid who is barely 2 years old is now attending preschool toddler class, 1.6 year old when he started. I am not a perfect mom, I have my flaws, I just make it certain that my kid gets all the things he need in life. Anyway, when Vinn was born I asked my pedia how to help boost my baby's  learning skill she simply said let him listen to classical music as it could help stimulate the brain and so I played one of my favorites to him, Andre Rieu. When he was about 6 months old I opt to enroll to Gymboree or Kindermusik for their my baby & me skill class but it was too far from our place and the price is too expensive for a two hour session. Since I am a stay at home mom I decided to teach him instead so I bought your-baby-can-read on home tv shopping lol, a lot of brainy baby & baby einstein CD's on any fake DVD stalls we passed by, the real thing is not practical for the cheap-O mom that I am. Reading, yes I read to him every night, I played his CD's for 30 minutes 4-6 times a day, I let him play with Alphabet flashcards and we never baby talked. It did paid off I guess for when he was about 7 months old his first word was "ball" not mom or dad :). At age 1.2 years old he already knows his ABC, can count 1-10, mimic animal sounds and more. This school year I enrolled him at Playschool Academy, I like that school for even Toddlers have homework and they do art for fun, I find it cute. He is almost 2 years old now, he knows his ABC very well, can count 1 to 20, differentiate animal sounds, refer to different parts of the body, can sing all of the nursery rhymes he learned from school and at home although a bit inaudible at times, is very talkative, he knows how to make circles but is still a little confused on colors and shapes. Nonetheless I am still very proud of my son, aren't all parents? :)





No comments:

Post a Comment