Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Colonoscopy + Endoscopy and Food

I have never felt this light, indeed God is good all the time! I had my procedure last September 3, nothing that I expect, it didn't hurt that much maybe because I was asleep hooray for anaesthesia! Results were negative but I have minor problems like scrapes on my colon caused by acids, I didn't know that eating too much citrus foods could lead to that, then there's the hemorrhoids. Anyway, I was on a strict diet last Sunday but last Saturday I craved for japanese food so I went out with friends for japanese buffet at the Yanagi Restaurant in Midas Hotel, good thing I have a voucher lol, being the cheap-o mom that I am I only paid P249 each regular price P999 yey! I love the ambience of the restaurant and the food was good specially the assorted sushi, was back at the buffet 3 plates in a row lol. Now going back on my colonoscopy and endoscopy, I sure am relieved that I don't have the big C (paranoia strikes for the nth time). I didn't see anything on the monitor for I am under the spell of my Anaesthesiologist but my husband did. The first thing they did was the Endoscopy which is the process of looking through your stomach using a small camera with tubes. What I did feel at first before I fell asleep was the tube they put through my nose, it was horrible good thing the anaesthesia kick in a few seconds later. A day before my procedure I was told to eat heavy breakfast then soft diet on lunch, afterwards I have to drink 2 dulcolax tablets then at 6pm have to gulp a bottle of castor oil, imagine that! then I only get to drink fluids up until 6pm then clear liquids until 12mn and nothing more not even water after midnight up to the procedure plus I have to use a suppository at 4:30am and do the thingamajigger in the bathroom lol. It was the hardest close-to-diet thing I ever did. Then next was the colonoscopy which is the procedure in which they look into your colon using a small camera, my husband said there was this tweezer like thing as he described it which is attached to the camera and helps the colon to open up while the camera is passing through. Why didn't I see it? because I was in another place dreaming as my Doctor said it, they kept on waking me for like four times, embarrassing! I was in and out for like 1 hour or so, hungry as a starving bear I need to get food in my stomach that is why after that I had to eat everything I could think of, so we grabbed a bite at Sicillian Pizza in Mckinley, purchased online at 50% less ^_- 









No comments:

Post a Comment