Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Visit to Kowloon


Had a weekend in Hongkong last September with my husband and our little munchkin Vinn. Four days in Hongkong was interesting and at the same time exhausting if you are with a small child who wants to do nothing but run, sleep, eat, and run again, it will definitely make you miserable lol. Anyway, I got the airline tickets online it was on sale at P5,000++ pesos for the three of us including surcharges and then I saw this tour online also which includes a trip to Macau, disneyland passes, city tour, all transfers and accommodation for our 4 days 3 nights stay at P9,000++ for 2 adults, not bad. It was a hassle free tour if not for the coach driver who did not pick us up at Disney and on our flight home to the airport, good thing I can get a refund for that. Nothing much to see at Hongkong, Aberdeen fishing Village is so overrated sorry or maybe because I am used to seeing things like that like most Asians, regardless I will not pay another $50hk just for a 30 minute boat ride again. We also went to JC jewelries where they say most of the golds in Ongpin, Manila comes part-owned by Jackie Chan kaching! $$$ moolah much? lol. Also, the guide showed us his house on top of the hill which costs a whooping $70M hongkong dollars my oh my I swooned and drooled a little. Going back on the tour we also visited Avenue of the Stars which is a long walkway by the bay where Hongkong's movie stars like Jackie Chan, Jet Li and Chao Yun Fat have their prints carved on the pavement and a star shaped tile where their names are printed, probably to imitate the one in Hollywood. On shopping it is good to stay near Mongkok, the night market was barely a few feet away from us, we stayed at Stanford Hotel, by the budget but clean and comfortable. Tempting as it was we didin't had time to shop for by the time we got back from the day tour, Vinn is already asleep and we're too tired to walk. As for the food, it was great and cheap if you will eat just by the streets and not on their fancy restaurants, a lot fo Street foods in Kowloon but mostly we ate at Mcdonalds lol, I had free coupons for breakfast, cheapskate much! :)). As for Disneyland versus Universal Studios, I think the one in Singapore will be enjoyed by Adults more than the one in Hongkong, Disneyland is generally designed for kids and those kids by heart, well I had fun! lol

let me share some of our photos :)











No comments:

Post a Comment