Thursday, November 1, 2012

Bicolandia

This was my second visit in Bicol this year, went last April with the whole clan, my mom goes there every two months to keep track of this small farm we have back there. It was the town's fiesta this time of year, they celebrated for like a week, had a couple of "baraylehan" town dance and some kind of music festival where 26 folks showed their talents in singing. My mom was one of the sponsors and panel judges for the finals. The contestants not only came from one town, there was even one who came from Makati, one in Bulacan and even Tarlac, others are from Bicol travelled for like 4 hours just to join the contest in Badian, Albay. Yours truly along with my sister are two among the five preliminary judges, I know, I know lol it was not a family career nor was it paid :)) It was fun, my first time to judge a singing contest even for this small town "lakas maka-J.Lo" haha. My husband said I took it seriously, yes I did lol. The only problem in that area was the electric power, I heard the whole Albay has 1 Billion electric debt at ALECO company, provider of electricity in that whole province so black outs are often, good thing generators are cheap nowadays. Anyway, the "probinsya" experience will not be complete without using the deep-well pump which we call "pozo", my son had a blast :). The beach was a few feet away from the house so he was always up and about collecting pebbles and chasing pigeons.

here are some of the photos on the trip to Bicol:













No comments:

Post a Comment